Thursday, August 13, 2015

NOT BROKEN, YET........

It has been a while since I have put pen to paper or in my case hands to keyboard.  This has not been a result of lack of thoughts on major world issues.  We all know that I have a broad vast and vast opinion about, well everything.  It hasn’t been because of a lack of interest in life either.  The lack of written communication from me is simply because I haven’t been able to say what I wanted to say. 

I know that this might sound silly, but truthfully I don’t always express myself, especially when I am hurting; and these last few months have been hard and pain filled for me for many reasons. In short, life has gotten hard, complicated, and un-fun!!  I have reached my breaking point many times, but I am still here, I am still standing, and I am still fighting for what I believe to be true.

I won’t go into all the boring details, I know that some are curious but we must remember that curiosity killed the proverbial cat.  I will say that life has a way of becoming increasingly difficult and complicated when you are trying to do what you deem is correct.  I will say that being an adult is hard and that being an adult that is willing to stand for their principals in the face of adversity is one of the hardest things that I have ever had the opportunity to do.  I will say that in standing for these principals I have seen my husband and children hurt in more ways than I care to admit to.  I have also seen the loyalty of a few that has surprised me and the betrayal of many.  In short, it’s complicated.


In spite of life’s complications, I am here.  I do have a voice and I will say what I think needs to be said.  I will also purpose to not take a two month hiatus again.  After all, I am not broken yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment