Thursday, April 16, 2015

MEET UP

One of the perks of using Sonlight for our homeschool curriculum is the benefit of access to their on-line forums.  These forums are a blessing for people who need help with curriculum choices, dealing with kiddos struggling in a certain subject, or needing support that what you are doing as a parent is right.  The forums are also a place to share meal planning ideas, weight loss tips, and fun things to help us mama's stay sane in the day to day adventure that is homeschooling.

The biggest blessing of the Sonlight forums is that you can connect with like minded people in any area of your life.  This causes friendships to be formed, even if you live several states away.  Some days these friendships are what help you feel connected to the real world, even if your chatting on the computer.  The biggest blessing to these friendships is that sometimes it works out that fellow homeschooling Sonlight Mama's get the chance to arrange a meet up.  This is when you can get together in real life and really enjoy each other's company.

This past Wednesday, I was given the chance to have my first ever Sonlight Mama's meet up.  It was wonderful.  Susan and her sweet husband and two boys were in our neck of the woods for their family vacation.  Since they were so close to our homestead, we agreed to meet at the local play park so our boys could play and we could chat.  




Susan and I in a Sonlight Mama Slefie!

A group photo.  Robert and Maggie are missing, they weren't here for the adventure.
Cole is the gray shirt running away behind me.  He headed back towards the swings.

The meet up was a ton of fun.  We sat and visited for almost two hours.  We talked about the Florida heat, our kiddos, and of course homeschooling.  I have to admit, I was slightly nervous, this being my first meet up and all, but I absolutely LOVED every minute of it.  It was as if we had known each other for a lot longer, as if we had always met at the park to chat and share.  I hated having to cut our meet up short, but I had four hungry boys to feed.

Thanks Susan and Family for the blessing of your company while you were on vacation.  Thanks for the blessing of my first ever Sonlight meet up.  Thanks for wanting to meet up, I can't wait until we can do it again, maybe next time we will make it to your neck of the woods!


1 comment: