Friday, March 11, 2016

I AM A YEAR OLDER!

Tuesday was my birthday.  I am now another year older and only two years shy of the big 4-0, and yes I do realize that I just admitted that I am now 38!  What was funny to me is that this year I really did sound like my Mom when I asked my amazing husband: “How old am I again?”  Yep, I seriously had to ask, guess the old age is really creeping up on me now huh?  HA!

I didn’t want a lot for my birthday this year.  Robert worked the weekend before but he still took me to Olive Garden on Saturday night.  I adore our date nights and I loved that we were able to celebrate my birthday a few days early.  We had a great time, totally overate, and relaxed as soon as we got home.  It was wonderful to have those few hours to ourselves, and if that would’ve been my gift it was the perfect birthday.  However, when I woke up Tuesday morning (my real birthday), I was in for a treat.

I knew what I wanted but it took Robert longer to decide..


It was worth the wait, the food was so yummy!


Maggie had set everything up for me.  I had a big present waiting along with my favorite hot tea.  Then she proceeded to make me some French toast, a breakfast that I adore.  She was so funny; it’s not a breakfast she usually cooks so she hovered over me to see if I was really enjoying it!  Of course I was it was delicious.  Then I left for my first prenatal checkup which turned into an all day affair and as a sweet lady pointed out, made for a memorable birthday.  Needless to say when I got home, I was exhausted, but I still had presents to open.

My view when I woke up Tuesday morning!


I LOVED my french toast!

Yes, I'm rocking my Minion pajamas while my two favorite Little's help me open my birthday presents!





I’ve wanted to get a good quality black and brown leather purse for a while.  BUT, I was being super picky about the style of the bag because I now need to carry John Robert’s Epi Pens with me.  When we were shopping in February I was looking at TJ Maxx and Ross for some nice quality bags and trying to explain to Maggie what I wanted and why.  She told me I was being too picky and to give up.  BUT, Maggie and Robert listened to me.  For my birthday I got a beautiful black Michael Kors purse and a lovely brown Coach bag.  I was thrilled; they met all my requirements and are perfect for what I wanted.   




While my day wasn’t what I had hoped it would be, my birthday was perfect.  At the end of the day I was surrounded by my husband and my children.  There is no one else I’d rather grow another year older with than them!

No comments:

Post a Comment