Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Great Supper Debate

OK, so if your lives are anything like mine, supper is often thought of all of about 30 minutes a day...the 30minutes before we have to eat, UGH!,  (which is usually around 4:30-4:45 pm daily!  And to clarify things, we eat dinner at noon and supper at night, we are a Southern family!)  I must admit, I am told that I am a good cook, BUT the only reason that I cook is because my family insists on eating!  If I could have someone deliver ready made meals, I would...BUT alas, we experience the nightly Great Supper Debate:  "What do you want for supper tonight!" 

I purpose to cook healthy, we use only ground turkey, venison (we are a Sothern hunting family), and as low fat organic foods as possible.  I keep the kitchen stocked with apples, grapes, cheddar cheese sticks, and funyons. (There are some things that even a Mommy needs after all!)  I have a handful of favorite recipes that I fall back on, often.  Yet, even I the non-cook cook, get tired of the same old thing!  If you have a healthy kid friendly EASY recipe that you would be willing to share, please do so!  Know this, as much as we are Southern, we are also "amateur foodies" and are willing to try almost any flavor combination!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment