Thursday, October 21, 2010

True Woman Movement

There is a need in American society today!  It is a dramatic need for woman to take up the role that they were created to be, a wife and a mother that will stand counter-cultural to our society.  We are told that we are goddesses that deserve the happiness of our own making.  (Don’t believe me; think about the Gillette woman’s razor commercials!)  The simple fact of the matter is that we are not in the active roles that we were created to be in if we are acting outside the God ordained role of being a True Woman!

What is a True Woman?  I am so glad that you asked!  Being a True Woman is a concept that has been introduced by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.  I readily suggest that you check out her website: http://www.reviveourhearts.com/.  For me, purposing to be a True Woman is answering YES to the calling that my God has put on my life!  What does that look like you ask?  So happy you did!

The first thing that one needs to realize is that if you are going to answer the calling of Christ on your life, you have to have a relationship with him.  I am not talking about “knowing” who He is; I am talking about KNOWING HIM!  If you haven’t had a personal experience, a meeting of Christ in your heart, soul, and mind, than you will NEVER be able to become a True Woman.  I didn’t say that, Jesus did!  As a woman I KNOW that I was created at this time, for this purpose in my life to show off the glory of Christ.  Do I mess up, EVERY DAY!  Yet, I have chosen to live my life to my best ability (through His strength) to showcase His glory to our world.  That is what being a True Woman is: showcasing the glory of God to a dying world in a way that could not be showcased if I was not a woman!  Seems simple, but it is really powerful stuff!  If you are interested, I invite you to join me on this journey to being a True Woman!

 Together we can change our lives, America, and the world, one True Woman at a time!

1 comment:

  1. well said, Jennifer. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts on this subject. :)

    congrats on your new blog!
    Alesha

    ReplyDelete