Thursday, August 7, 2014

THANKFULNESS


There is a beautiful fellow homeschooling mom that I have met on an online forum and then connected with on Facebook whom I consider a true friend.    To be honest, I’m not sure she would even think that of me; I have not had the privilege of meeting her in real life, but I just know we’d get along fabulously, because she’s an honest, open, and transparent person.  Every day, in spite of the challenges she is dealing with in her life, she posts uplifting and edifying messages.  She herself will readily admit that there are days when she is doing this to build herself up, being in her situation can be challenging, but more often than not her positive outlook is so contagious, it over joys me to read her little messages about life.

Every Thursday, this sweet spirited woman, starts a blog and Facebook post titled Thankful Thursday.  This speaks volumes to me about her and the person that she is.  It also reminds me to step back and evaluate my life, what I am thankful for.  Most often I comment on her Facebook post and let that be that, but today I needed to do more.

This Thursday I am thankful for this sweet woman, and all of the Sonlight Mom’s on the forums that have helped me so much.  Some days, most days really, they are the only ones who “GET” where I’m coming from in my frustration and need to vent.  I am thankful for the people in our lives who love my children so much that they sacrifice their time to teach them new things, be it quilting, riding, or just wanting to hang out with my kids, your kindness blesses my heart more than words can say.  I am thankful for naps; sleep is a glorious thing, especially for a growing, teething, grumpy baby.  I am thankful for being able to homeschool my kiddos, and wanting them to stay at home with me for another year.  I am thankful that I can work at their pace in their schooling and not try to make them fit into a mold but make the mold fit around who they are as an individual.  I am thankful that my husband loves me enough to bring me home Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and put them in the freezer so I can have a daily pick me up.  I am thankful that there are women who care enough about me that they call me and tell me they are taking me out Saturday morning without kiddos so I can unwind some.  I am also thankful that my husband encourages this to happen.  I am thankful that God is so real and alive that all I need to do is read His word and He is willing to show me and teach me something new, even if it is in a passage I thought I had mesmerized and already knew!

There is so much more that I have to be thankful for, but I think for now I will stop.  I need to fold some laundry and ponder about all my blessings and my life.  I need to focus on what I am ultimately thankful for; Christ and His completed work on the cross for me.  I need to go sit at His feet and tell Him how thankful I am.  Because today, as I am every day, I am truly thankful, I am truly blessed, and I am truly loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment