Friday, August 3, 2012

BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING


Oh how I LOVE shopping for school supplies.  I love the look and feel of pencils, the crispness of new notebook paper and folders, the superb color of new crayons!  <SIGH> All this brings me sheer joy!  Next to Christmas, my birthday, and Box Day, I’d have to say that school shopping is what gives me tons of sheer bliss!

Organizing into three neat stacks.


This year was no exception.  Since we are homeschooling, the children’s need for new school clothes and shoes no longer exists.  We also school year round so I typically stock up on things to last us throughout the entire year.  This year the children had school supply lists since I needed to update some of their folders, but for the most part it was basic supplies.

One thing that I am adamant about is each child getting some special pencils and a notebook that is just for them.  I color code all their school folders and notebooks to keep confusion at a minimum and to make my life easier.  The children know that their math folder is red, their LA folder is green, etc.  This year we brought our supplies home, reorganized and updated the supply bookshelf in the kitchen and are now totally ready to start our new grades in September!  I for one can’t wait!!!!
Maggie's supplies.

John Robert's supplies.

Gee, I wonder who Spiderman supplies are for?

The shelf is cleaned and restocked.  I just need to redo the kids "cubbies!"

 We are now ready for school!  YAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment