Wednesday, January 9, 2013

CONSISTENCY


I have a hard time being consistent in certain areas of my life.  There are times when I am able to really focus and do well in an area.  At these times I feel like I am a great person who can do anything and make it all happen!  Then there are times that I am not consistent at all!  I feel like the proverbial “S” for Super Woman has fallen off my chest and I can’t get myself organized yet alone soar through the sky with the best of them.  The main area that I struggle to be consistent in (and I almost hate to admit this) is carving out quiet time with God.

YES, I said it out loud!  I have a hard time making myself sit quietly at Christ’s feet on a daily basis!  BUT, I made a decision that this year I would be better at being consistent in this one area of my life.  Enter today.  It has been two months since we lost Samuel.  This week I was given a physical and real tangible reminder that I am really no longer going to have a baby!   Last night and this morning were horrible.  Truthfully I just didn’t feel good or physically feel like doing anything.  Attack number one on being consistent and I have only been trying to do this for three whole days!  In spite of the way that I felt, in spite of my tears, I got out my Bible and was consistent!  My day has not been perfect.  I still don’t feel great!  I had to take a nap.  I have cried over baby commercials and seeing crib bedding advertised on line.  BUT I can say that today I took the first real step towards being consistent in my quiet time. 

There is still no “S” on my chest.  That’s okay; I’d rather there is a Bible in my lap any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment