Wednesday, January 2, 2013

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS


It’ January of 2013!  Wow!  I cannot believe that we are at the start of another new year.  I cannot believe that in a few months time will have flown and I will have a 13 year old, a 10 year old, a 6 year old, and a 2 year old all here!  It seems like just yesterday my almost teenage daughter was entering into our world and then….BAM…..this year she is 13!

At this time of year people often begin to look at what they want to change about themselves.  Sure, I’d like to lose weight, but if I am going to be totally honest; I like food way too much to try to diet!  Sure I’d like to get organized, but if I am going to be totally honest; it’s a lot of hard work and I really don’t have the time or money (organizational stuff is not cheap!), to do that!  Sure I’d like to be a Super Wife and Mom, but if I am going to be totally honest, I’m, just me!  Nothing can really change that, or can it?

All of this I’d like to but……thinking led me to one conclusion.  I am not supposed to make New Year Resolutions.  Truthfully I don’t believe that a person can really honestly and truly change who they are.  I personally believe that a person can only change when they totally surrender who they are at the foot of the Cross and decide to follow Christ whole heartedly.  While a lot of people spent New Year’s Day looking forward, I spent mine in reflection and prayer.  I asked God to continue the work that He has started in me by stripping me away and replacing my bareness with Him.  I asked Him to continue to grow me, even when it hurts.  I told God that no matter what, He is good and He is enough.

I am not planning on making any New Year’s Resolutions for 2013.  Instead I plan on asking God to change me into the woman that He wants me to be!  What kind of adventure I am about to undertake, I don’t know, but I know that no matter what 2013 brings, God is good and He is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment