Friday, March 15, 2013

TURNING 35


I just turned 35.  For me, this was harder than turning 30.  I think the main reason was because the day itself was a yucky no good kind of day and the fact that I am now only 5 years shy of being 40 what many might say is on the precipice of middle aged life!

Birthdays are a BIG deal to me!  I think that everyone should have a BIG celebration to honor their birthday.  I also think that as a person gets older that celebration should be extended for a whole month, why not….we are all worth it. 

Robert was on call the week of my birthday and wouldn’t you know it, the only day he got called out all week was, you guessed it Friday March 8, 2013!!  The good news was I kept saying it was going to happen so I would be prepared.  The bad news was he worked about a 16 hour day.  Yep, he left for work at 7:45 in the morning, got home at 9:00 that night and was called out at 10:00 and didn’t get back home until 2:00ish.  The official time is a little iffy, I was sleeping then! 

This was not that big of a deal to me, I KNEW that it was going to happen, Murphy’s Law if you will.  What was a big deal is the fact that it was the 8th of the month, 4 months from the day that I had to have emergency surgery over the loss of our son Samuel.  I was now 35, lonely, and hearing the words of the doctor ring in my mind over and over again.  On top of that one of the chicks that we had bought from Tractor Supply died and I was an emotional wreck (It was John Robert’s little chick Dixie too….BOO!)  Seriously, sobbing off and on all day.  Ethan even told Robert on the phone he had to give lots of hugs to cheer me up.  This was just not a fun birthday!

We did manage to meet up with Robert for a quick bite to eat at I-Hop.  I refused to cook on my birthday!  We are planning to do something special for us and me when we run away to St Augustine at the end of March.  I am much better now that I have been able to sob and get things back into perspective, but yuck……turning 35 was not fun at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment