Sunday, June 30, 2013

HOW SWEET IT IS!


Tonight I was browsing on Pinterest.  I pinned some new recipes to try, pursued the humor section to try to find a smile (I've been sick all week and utterly exhausted from VBS, I needed a good laugh), and then headed over to quotes.  As I was reading a couple of quotes to Robert the kiddos were milling around snacking on watermelon and chips enjoy their Sunday evening.  I came across this quote, read it to Robert and was amazed at my son's response!
John Robert looked up and said: "Well then my security blanket is huge."

WOW!  What a c
compliment! As a woman, a sinful woman that purposes to honor Christ in all areas of her life, to have my son notice this in my marriage is huge!  I mess up daily!  I get aggravated with my husband (as he does me).  I get frustrated with my kiddos (as they do me).  And yet, in spite of my shortcomings Christ has shown through in my relationship with my spouse and my children have noticed.  I am not perfect, far from it.  BUT, I will take a compliment like that from an impressionable young man learning how the world works over all the riches in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment