Monday, July 8, 2013

A Low Key 4th Due to an Eventful 3rd!


This year our 4th of July was so low key, I didn’t take any pictures.  Nothing that I had planned, besides the food, actually happened.  We can blame all of this on the events of the 3rd that left me so utterly exhausted I literally napped the afternoon of the 4th away, and was back in bed by 8:00 that night.  No fireworks, no sparklers, nothing!  Yeah, it was that laid back!

BUT, there was a very good reason for our “lack” of on the 4th!  July 3rd was a crazy and stressful day!!!! It started off with well visits for Ethan and Cole.  Thankfully they weren’t that bad, Cole only needed one shot and we were off for lunch at Chick-Fil-A, a wonderful treat when we need shots or a trip to the doctor!  After a yummy lunch we then headed to my midwives appointment.  We were at a crucial week in the pregnancy, week 12; the same week that Samuel died in.  This week it was important to make sure my body would not have any issues and that all would be well.  Guess what, it wasn’t!

Well, technically it was, but we wouldn’t know that for another 3 ½ hours.  My midwife’s office is about 45 minutes away from our house.  We live in Lake Wales and the office is in Lakeland.  When she couldn’t find a heartbeat they wanted to do another ultrasound to ensure that all was well, as did I.  BUT, because it was the 3rd, so many doctors were on vacation, and everything was booked……we had to kill time (and obsessively worry) for over 3 hours.  Of course in the midst of this were the wonderful Florida rainy afternoons.  So, I called my Mom to come get the kiddos (which she didn’t), to take them home.  I called Robert to meet me at the ultrasound appointment, which he made it in just as they called me into the room, and then we headed to the mall to walk around and let the kids play in the kid pit.  I had to keep things as normal as possible even though I was feeling anything but!

At last the appointment came!  Guess what, the little Peanut had not only gotten bigger, but it was flipping and laying funny!  Thankful for the ultrasound technology, we heard a strong heartbeat and got to watch as the baby wiggled away from the wand and kicked at it as it tried to flip back onto its tummy.  I wonder if this baby will want to be a tummy sleeper…….
See the little one started off on it's tummy.....

But after being prodded a little flipped onto its back and promptly kicked out! Little Bit has certainly grown in the last 3 weeks too!
 

And the eventful 3rd is why we did nothing on the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment