Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Robert’s Birthday!


Anyone that knows me knows that I am a sucker for a birthday party!  I LOVE to celebrate birthdays!  I think that everyone deserves to be celebrated and celebrated in a very real and big way.  I do this with my children.  Every year I say no big party’s this year, and every year I hear a voice say.yeah, but they are only this age once so why not!  Not even Robert is spared from my birthday party mania drive!

This year, for the first time in our lives together, Robert works for a company that gives him his birthday off as a holiday.  Our day started off with Mama making sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast and then PRESENTS!  Robert’s gas grill has a gas line leaking so he has been asking for a charcoal one for about a year.  GUESS WHAT? This year, we obliged.

Daddy and his boys, Maggie was taking pictures!

Time to open presents.  The grill was from the kiddos.

Mama got Daddy the charcoal, lighter fluid, and a "clicker" lighter.


Of course as soon as it was opened it HAD to be put together!

The finished grill on the porch.

After a calm and relaxing day (I even took a nap) we headed out to meet our very best friends Matt & Darla for Robert’s birthday supper.  Neither one of us had eaten at Texas Cattle Company, so that was the restaurant of choice.  The steak was fantastic!  It literally melted in my mouth, and Robert devoured his.

 All in all his birthday was fabulous because it was a day that was all about him.  I for one am so thankful that he was born and that I was given the gift of being his wife!  That is one of the best reasons that I can think of to celebrate, maybe I can talk him into a celebration this weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment