Tuesday, July 23, 2013

When it Rains, it Pours ~ Or Don't Grow Up!


Recently I posted on Facebook a PSA, a warning to all young people NOT to grow up!  Growing up and becoming a home owner and responsible adult is a trap!  RUN, I wanted to tell them.  Sadly though, Robert is 100% correct in what he always tells our kiddos: “You will be an adult longer than you are a child.”  This past week, truer words have yet to be spoken, and I don’t like it!

Last week started off innocently enough!  Monday morning we noticed the faucet leak in the kitchen was getting worse.  Not a big deal, we had bought a replacement faucet.  BUT, we can’t find the right threads to connect the hoses together.  After 4 trips to various hardware locals throughout the Lake Wales area, I still don’t have a new faucet, and the other one is leaking much worse. 

Thursday we spent the day relaxing and having fun with my brother and his family who were visiting from Nebraska.  Thursday night I got hit with a headache that would not end and had to drive us home in the pouring rain.  I somehow survived and we made it home.  Upon pulling into the yard lightning and thunder flashed so close, all four kiddos and I jumped out of our skin, promptly ran into the house , and did what any self respecting person would do: hid!  As the night wore on, I noticed the house was getting hotter and hotter.  I was right, the air was knocked out!  WHOOT-WHOOT!  I have often wondered why this only happens when I am pregnant, but, I digress.  Friday morning meant a call to the air conditioning repair company (we use Dane’s Air out of Frostproof, they are wonderful), and a few hours, and a few hundred later, we were up and running!  WHEW!

Fast forward to Saturday.  Robert had to work (he put in a full 8 hour day), and I had to take the kiddos to a birthday party!  They were so excited, we knew that there was going to be a HUGE waterslide there and it was a Duck Dynasty theme!  What’s not to love?  As I was making breakfast for the kiddos (homemade waffles), I noticed water was pooling under the refrigerator.  UGH!  Not again, and with water to boot!  I promptly pulled the fridge out, grabbed a towel and started mopping up the mess.  The line to the ice maker was cracked and leaking.  So, I did what any self respecting person would do.  I threw another towel under it, called Robert, and gathered the kiddos and left for the party.  We had a great time and came home to another puddle and sopping wet towel.  I cleaned that mess up and took a nap!  Poor Robert, he came in from work and promptly tackled yet another leak!  UGH!

I **KNOW** that life happens.  I know that everything we touch is manmade and will break and fall apart.  BUT, I would love a break from being an adult!  SIGH!  Maybe I will go hide in my blanket fort today with the kiddos, and eat ice cream, or maybe I will just hug my kiddos, thank my husband for his awesomeness, and praise God that He has blessed us with the means to handle all of life’s problems!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment