Sunday, August 4, 2013

NAPS


I sincerely regret every nap I fought and never wanted to take as a child!  I LOVE a good nap now!  I love the relaxing Sunday afternoon when I am able to lay down and snooze!  Today was such a day.

Oh, it was a typical Sunday in our house.  Well, in some ways it was.  Robert got up and put the cinnamon rolls in the oven while I jumped in the shower.  The big kiddos were happily snoozing away.  At 8:15 I mentioned that we really needed to wake everyone up.  No one really wanted to wake up, but they were not grumpy, were happy to have cinnamon rolls, and even dressed and brushed their teeth with no complaints. 

We had fun at church with the littles in Children’s Church and Maggie, Robert, and I taking our turn to serve in the nursery.  (I must admit that I was happy it was a smaller nursery class, it is fun to snuggle Cole a little more!)  After church we loaded up and headed home for Daddy to grill hamburgers and onions and Mama to make the French fries.

 At lunch Cole’s eyes were drooping.  I will admit that we ate a little later than normal, and it was close to 2:30 before we were done, but he wasn’t going to make it!  So being the dutiful, thoughtful, caring, loving, and incredible mama that I am (AHEM! HA!), I willingly volunteered to lay down with Cole to help him nap!  We both crashed, and I mean CRASHED!  We went down close to 2:30-2:45 and woke up at 5:00!

BLISS!  Sheer bliss!  Naps are wonderful and I am so thankful that I get to take one!!!!  I do regret every nap I ever fought and find a good nap as close to perfection.  And I want to publically thank my amazing husband not only for letting me take a good nap, but also running to town to get me some clam chowder since I have been craving that!

No comments:

Post a Comment