Tuesday, July 1, 2014

FOURTH OF JULY MENU


Last year our Fourth of July celebration was nonexistent due to the scare we had with Jacob’s pregnancy. This year will be a different celebration for us as well since Maggie is in North Carolina so we are down a kiddo for our celebration.  Maggie being gone also alters how I feel about things.  In reality I feel like a cog in my wheel is missing. BUT, I do have four boys here; three are hungry ALL the time and have definite opinions on what they want to eat while one is happy still nursing his day away.  Add to that a hungry Daddy who as definite ideas of what good food is and we have five differing thoughts on the perfect meal. 

So to prepare for the Fourth of July I have ordered everyone’s Old Navy flag shirts along with a matching diaper cover for a patriotic fluffy bottom for my little Jacob. We are also planning on going to a Patriotic Picnic over the weekend, so we will have a busy and fun time.  In honor of the Fourth, I have also prepared a menu fit for my five hungry men that includes meal ideas from everyone.  This will be a yummy feast to say the least. 

*****************************************
Fourth of July Menu
Beef Brisket (cooked low and slow on the smoker)
Cowboy Beans (an amped version of baked beans)
Potato Salad (made with wickles, pickles, and Dukes mayonnaise)
Banana Pudding (a Southern classic that is begged for a lot)
Ice Cream Cones (vanilla or strawberry ice cream of course)

********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment