Saturday, September 27, 2014

ALL IN ONE DIAPER REVIEW


When I mentioned to Robert that I wanted to try cloth diapering to save us some money, he supported me but frankly thought that I was insane.  He has shared with me that he never thought that I would really stick with it; after all we had used disposable diapers on the previous three kiddos.  Switching the youngest two into cloth has been a learning curve and for me and in some ways an addiction to all the cute diaper covers.  Even when I was having to hand wash all our laundry I was still using cloth, I was just hand washing the diapers too.  I ADORE seeing the boys in cute diaper prints! 

In spite of my love of a cute bottom, I haven’t been able to find a solution that worked well for us at night.  As I have mentioned before, my go to for the boys are prefolds and covers.  Prefolds are, in my humble opinion, the most economical way to cloth diaper and having two kiddos in diapers with a big family like ours I was looking for inexpensive too.  As much as I love my prefolds and covers, they weren’t loved as much by the bigger diaper changing kiddos or Daddy so I bought some OS (one size [sized to work from about 10-40 pounds] diapers) AiO (All in One) and Ai2 (All in 2) diapers from Sugar BritchesNappies on Etsy.  These diapers have been wonderful for the big kiddos and Daddy.  I thought that I was set on diapers until I discovered that we didn’t have a night time diaper solution that worked for us. So I have been buying disposables to use at night.  

You see my kiddos are all tummy sleepers.  From the time they can roll over on their own, they always flip to their sides or their tummy to sleep on.  Add to that the fact that they are heavy wetters at night and you can have a lot of wetness in the bed if you’re just using the prefold diapers and their covers.  Even using disposables at night we could end up with a wet bed in the morning.  I KNEW that there had to be a solution for this so I began to look at what the most common night time go to answer is.  For many people it is a wool cover, but we didn’t have the extra money for me to spend on wool diapers.  That’s when Melanie from Sugar Britches Nappies contacted me.  She had developed a new style for her OS AiO diapers and asked if I would be willing to try it out.  She even suggested that the diaper might be the night time solution we were looking for.  I must admit that I was skeptical that it would work for us at night, but hey, I was up for a new diaper to try!

Let me tell you, I am IN LOVE with this diaper!  First of all, I LOVE the diaper print.  I know that the color of the outside of the diaper has nothing to do with how well it holds, but I adore the multi color chevron and the lime green tabs.  To me, it just says I am happy because the colors work so well together.  Literally just looking at the diaper makes me smile.  I also liked how the inserts for this newer style AiO are sewn in only on one side to make drying easier.  Usually I hang diapers on the clothes line but we’ve been hit with an unusually rainy start to fall and without fail when I go to do diaper laundry, it’s raining.  Having these inserts not completely sewn in cuts down the diapers drying time in my dryer.  But the real test would be putting the diaper on the baby.



See, isn't it cute?
The inside with the inserts folded in.

The inserts opened outward.


The first day I tried it out, I put it on Jacob just to see how long it would last.  Usually I’m changing diapers every hour to every hour and a half.  This diaper, without any other inserts lasted FOUR hours. I was thrilled.  To me, this would make it the perfect traveling diaper. One test down, but I had to see how well it worked at night.  So after being thoroughly washed and dried came the night time test on Jacob.
Getting dressed for the day, this diaper is a good fit.

Just because I LOVED how much his shirt matched this diaper, he wore no shorts!  HA!


Jacob is a wonderful sleeper.  He normally goes down at night around 7:30-8:00 and sleeps until 6:30-7:00 in the morning.  Some nights he might wake up to nurse but even then I don’t change his diaper.  So I got out this new style AiO diaper and got my little man ready for bed.  Now let me mention knowing that he is a tummy sleeper and a heavy night time wetter, I did add an additional insert under the bottom fold over flap.  I used a Zorby insert that I got from Sugar Britches Nappies, it is the snap in insert that she uses in her Ai2 diapers and I have had great wetness success with them.  Around 7:15 the new diaper went on and around 7:30 Jacob was in bed.  On this night he did get up to nurse around 2:30 and like always, I didn’t change his diaper.

Shhh, my sweet baby sleeping!!!

Let me tell you, the diaper worked! Not only was it thoroughly wet in the morning, it was soaked!  BUT there was no issue of wetness on the bed or on Jacob’s jammies.  I was impressed and now sold on this being the perfect nighttime diaper solution for Jacob.  BUT, would it work on Cole?  In short, YES!!  Doing what I had done for Jacob, we put the diaper on Cole two nights later and it worked beautifully!  That night Cole got in bed with John Robert (he usually does sleep with his brothers), and John Robert said that he couldn’t even smell the wetness on Cole who normally stinks in the morning!  I am sold!
Cole is at 34 pounds...this diaper is a good fit for him too.

Getting ready for bed, he had to take pictures in his daddy's hat!  HA!


Even more than the fact that I LOVE these diapers and now need 30 of them (well, maybe NOT that many!), I LOVE that Melanie has them so reasonably priced. I honestly thought she would mark these at around $20.00 a diaper, believe me when I say they are worth that and more.  BUT, her Etsy store has them listed at only $15.00!  I cannot begin to tell you what a deal that is!!  Please, head over to her store and check them out.  They are well worth the price and I know that they will work as well for you as they have for me!  Lastly, be on the lookout for my review (coming soon) for her new prefold style diaper and covers.  Don’t forget her Pay It Forward campaign going on too! 

**IN NO WAY HAVE I BEEN PAID FOR THIS REVIEW.  THIS IS MY OPINION AND MY EXPIERENCE WITH THIS DIAPER STYLE. I DO GET TO KEEP THE ONE DIAPER I HAVE TRIED.  I AM SAVING UP TO GET MORE!**




No comments:

Post a Comment