Wednesday, May 27, 2015

BOK TOWER ADVENTURES

On May 8, 2015 the kiddos and I took the day off from school and had an impromptu filed trip.  Our destination, Bok Tower Gardens here in town.  Robert and I have lived here for 18 years and I can count on one hand how many times we have ventured into the gardens, (actually Robert has NEVER been and he's lived here his whole life!), and I decided that it was time for the kiddos and I to branch out.  The plus side was that this was a FREE field trip for us!  And we had a great day!
Entering the gardens.

My adorable crew!

The singing tower.

We didn't get to explore as much as I would have liked, mainly because it was hot and the kiddos were all STARVING and insisted that we eat as soon as humanely possible.  In other words, it was lunch time!  HA!  We did manage to feed the fish in the koi pond, do some garden exploring, and get down to run some in the beautifully manicured grass!

Feeding the fish.

There were some BIG koi there!








In spite of the visit being shorter than I cared for, we had a GREAT time!  The gardens were lovely, even though many paths were under construction.  The smell of the fresh flowers and trees were heavenly.  I am hoping that I can talk Robert into coming with me, just the two of us soon.  I think it would make for a lovely date local for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment