Thursday, May 14, 2015

I MADE A BIG MISTAKE

I know that this will come as a huge surprise to everyone but I am far from perfect.  As a matter of fact I make mistakes a lot.  This past week, I have made a big mistake and it is affecting us in a major way.

My wonderful husband has been very gracious to me in my mistake, he always extends grace to me and I appreciate it more than words can express.  BUT, I still messed up and I'm heartbroken over it.  Last night I wanted to try to stay awake and figure out a way to fix my problem.  The reality is that I don't know how to fix the problem and sitting up worrying about it was accomplishing nothing.  So, I did the only thing that I could do, I opened my Bible.

Yesterday afternoon I had the privilege of listening to Dr. David Jeremiah in his message on worry from Turning Point Ministries.  He is currently going over his Signs of Life study and yesterday's message was about worry.  The passage I kept going back to last night as I purposed NOT to worry.  



As I pondered what Dr. Jeremiah said and applied it to my own life, I was able to sleep and actually woke up refreshed this morning.  I chose not to worry about my mistake but to humbly confess it and ask God to have His way in the situation.  More than that, I am choosing to follow Him in all things and purpose to not worry today.  We will find a solution and I need to be mindful of the problem, but I know that God will give us His wisdom, His guidance, and His grace to take care of the problem.  


We are still in the predicament that I caused.  To be honest I don't see a way out of it right now.  In spite of my desire to worry and try to take control of this situation, I think that I need to learn to let God have His way in this more than I need to worry.  And, if you are so inclined, we'd appreciate prayers as we navigate this big mistake that I made.  




No comments:

Post a Comment