Thursday, April 7, 2016

IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER SONLIGHT BOX DAY!!!!!

Spring in here!  For us this means lots of sunshine, hot weather, playing outside in the sun, and of course our Sonlight Box Day!  Box Day is right up there with Christmas for this Mama!  I LOVE opening up those beautiful boxes (this year we had two to open, YAY!), and pursuing all the amazing books inside!  There is something so special so amazingly right about opening boxes of books, even if they are to be used for school. 

This year, Box Day was celebrated on my bed!  Why?  Mainly because we couldn’t keep Jacob OUT of the books, or the boxes!  So, Maggie and I locked ourselves into my bedroom and got to work sorting books into the piles so we could organize them all.  This year all the kiddos are studying American history so it was fun to see who was reading what!  Of course Daddy had to come in and see everything he could about the World War books.  He and Ethan have already swiped a book and have been reading about the Lusitania and Hitler!  I have to keep shooing them out of the way.
The bed is overrun with books.

I feel like Santa, looking at my list and checking it twice!!!!  


After we got the boxes empty, we let Cole and Jacob have them and they colored and played inside of them.  Just one more reason to love Box Day, it gets the whole family involved.  As the little’s were playing in the boxes, I set out to organize the IG’s.  So far I have Maggie’s two IG’s organized and I’ve sat down to show her how they work.  I still need to put together the boy’s IG and organize their books.  We decided to store Maggie’s books in her room this year since she is working totally independently from me.   Once I get the boys school shelves reorganized, I’ll share all about that too!

Jacob was finally where he wanted to be!

You can see all the scribbles and amazing art designs the boys did for me on the box!

Maggie's books are in her room where she has since organized them on her desk.

Since Mag's is using Core 100, she gets her own blue binder and IG's this year!

She's all set and ready to go!
The boys books and IG still need to be organized, but I can't get them to stay out of them!




Box Day was, as always, a ton of fun!  There is something magical about getting to open all those books, to touch them brand new and unloved.  It makes for a great memory.  Thank you Sonlight for the memories, they mean the world to us!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Box Day, Jennifer! Thanks so much for sharing [smile].

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete