Monday, April 4, 2016

SAMUEL’S 3RD BIRTHDAY!

On this day, three years ago, our precious Samuel was due.  Unfortunately for us we lost Samuel in November and never got the chance to meet him.  I never got the chance to meet him and hold him.  I’ve never gotten the chance to kiss his cheeks or rock him to sleep.  I was never given the chance to be his mother.  I have mourned him and missed him more than I thought possible; I have cried over him and I have cried out to God to fill the void in my heart, but it is still there. 



Today, April 4th was Samuel’s due date.  Now I know my pregnancies and my children and I know that he wouldn’t have been born on his due date.  I know that he would’ve been late.  I also think he would’ve grown up to look like his Daddy, just like his older brothers.  I imagine him with the blonde hair that would slowly be transitioning to brown, just like the other boys have done.  I imagine him being an adventures little boy with a love of trains, tractors, and horses, like his older brothers.  I imagine we would be having a birthday party filled with love and laughter as we celebrate a precious little boy turning three. 


I miss my son that I never had the chance to meet.  He holds a piece of my heart; he is forever in my heart.  I may not talk of him daily, but there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t miss him or imagine the little boy he would be.  This month I should’ve been planning my son’s third birthday.  I’m not doing this.  I am, however, remembering his life and the impact that he had on me the short time I was allowed to carry him under my heart.  Now he is forever in my heart, my sweet baby boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment