Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5th Birthday Fun


Who gave my children permission to grow older? I sure would like to know who said it was okay for my little ones to turn another year older? Sadly, that has happened again here in our home. Just last weekend we got to celebrate Ethan’s, dare I say it, 5th birthday! UGH! My first major issue with this offensive birthday was the theme, it was Spiderman. Really son, Spiderman? We have never seen Spiderman anything. BUT, this is what Ethan wanted because he was a good guy that helps people, so I looked at Pinterest and found what I could to make a wonderful Spiderman birthday 5th birthday for my little man. 

Since we live in Florida and it is already HOT in May, we decided to do a Spiderman pool party.  Being the dutiful Mama that I am, we got the pool ready, got a new slip-n-slide, and lots of silly string.  Due to our past experience with piƱatas, we opted for a candy / goody buffet area instead.  The party was a smashing success.  All the kids had a great time in the pool, on the slip-n-slide, and the trampoline.  They chased each other spraying silly string, err I mean spider webs, until they were so hot they had to jump back into the pool.  Food was devoured and fun was had by all.  It was a perfect 5th birthday party.
Here I am being all Pintresty setting everything up!


The birthday boy with his superhero moves!



PRESENTS! The fun part!  Look at all the Spiderman loot!

As Robert and I delighted in the birthday of our second son, our precious boy, I started thinking.  I did everything that I could to ensure that he had a great birthday.  I loved watching him laugh, jump, bounce, and just plain have fun.  I loved watching his delight in his Spiderman presents and boy was there a lot of Spiderman stuff!  I loved seeing him so happy.  I loved seeing him fly around the room as a superhero!  I delighted in him, his joy, his fun, his life. 
Guess what?  God does the same with us!  He loves seeing us happy.  He delights in the laughter of our good days.  He even cries with us in the bad ones.  Just as I tried to do what I could to give my son his desires, God wants to do the same for me!  WOW!  What a thought. 
So, here’s to Spiderman, kids growing up too fast, and a God who delights in us just because we are His children.  Is there anything more precious or important than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment