Tuesday, July 31, 2012

COMPLIMENTS


Compliments are hard for many to accept.  It is hard for someone to be gracious and accepting of kind words, and I wonder why this is?  Do we so often hear the negative that when someone comments on our positive attributes we really don’t know how to deal with it?  Graciously accepting a compliment is not an easy undertaking for many.

Tonight I received a compliment.  I was commended for being who I am.  Those who know me know what this means to me!  I am sometimes loud, a lot of time opinionated, and always certain that I am 100% correct in all things.  Well, maybe not all things, but at least 99% of them!  I pray that I was gracious and accepting of the compliment.  It was a delight for me to be told that this person enjoyed me for being ME!

Oh, and I did come home and tell my wonderful husband what was said, and he agreed!  What a night!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with them. You are a Godly woman. You are caring, compasionate, and non-judgmental.

    ReplyDelete