Tuesday, February 5, 2013

YOUTH FAIR 2013


I know that I have been MIA lately here in the blogging world.  I am sorry; it’s not that I haven’t had any great things to say.  It’s just that we have been uber busy and, well, that’s life!  We just finished up with the two oldest kiddos participating in their first ever Polk County Youth Fair.  Boy, has it changed from when I was a kid, but I also think that my perspective is different since I am now there as a parent and not an exhibitor.

First, let me state that both kiddos did great.  Maggie participated in the cake auction, the digital photography contest, and showed her rabbit.  John Robert showed his Rhode Island Red Bantam rooster and pullets.  Both kiddos won blue ribbons (first place) for their animals. This made my Mama heart burst with pride.  Almost like I had been the one who had raised the animals myself, I was that proud.  Maggie also placed with a white ribbon (third place) with her photograph and in the cake auction. 
Dropping off Magpie.

The prize winning bunny!

 Maggie and her homemade Lane Cake.

She won third place too!


Maggie's photo of Socks our old horse that placed as well.
John Robert checking on things in the chicken barn.

Little Red was happy to have some water this day, it was HOT!

Buckshot took home a blue ribbon!  This Mama strutted like a proud rooster some too!

I hope that the kids, all of them, will treasure these memories as much as I did.  I hope that this past week of crazy schedules, running back and forth to Bartow everyday will forever be in their memory as some of the best times in their lives.  That is what Youth Fair was for their Daddy and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment