Friday, February 22, 2013

PERSPECTIVE


It is amazing to me how two people can be in the same situation living through the same moment and see things from two different perspectives.  Take for example last night.  Robert’s eight hour work day was over at 4:30 in the afternoon.  BUT, I had to meet him at 6:30 with some supper and tea because he was on a call out.  When I met him, he was upset at missing supper with us and I was, well I was glad to see him and know he was making up his time that he got off “early” at the beginning of the week.  Two people meeting in a same place for a similar purpose (in our instance it was to enjoy a quick hello and food together), but we had two different outlooks on the same situation.  Our perspective was totally different.  While we were discussing that this morning, I laughed as I pointed it out.

This is so interesting to me.  I am not a psychology major by any stretch of the imagination, but I still found this interesting.  How can two people share a life experience and yet see it through a different lens?  I believe that it is because our pasts are so vastly different that we have learned to view things differently.  There are some who see the glass half full, some who see the glass half empty, some who see the glass as something in the way, some who see the glass as a hindrance, some who see the glass as a gift; all of these perspectives are okay just different like we are!

What do you think of your life?  How has your perspective shaped you for the better or the worse?  What is your life perspective?  And knowing this about yourself, how will you let this life perspective shape your furture?

No comments:

Post a Comment