Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine’s Day


So I just realized that I never posted what we did for Valentine’s Day!  UGH!  No good at this blogging thing am I?  In my defense I had every plan to do this last Friday, BUT Friday turned out to be a not so very good day with a super busy weekend following it so; better late than never right!?!
This year we drew names at the begining of the week to be Secret Valentines with each other. We looked for ways to encourage, help, and serve each other throughout the week with the big reveal at our Valentine's Day Supper. Some of us were better at keeping things a secret than others, but it was a fun thing to do and I know that we will do it again next year!

OK, on to the fun stuff.  Robert got a new watch from me.  Well, it really wasn’t his gift since he broke his watch at work and needed a new one, so while I was shopping with my Mom and my Grandma I ducked into Penney’s and got him a new watch!  He was very excited and felt bad that he didn’t have anything for me.  Ummmm, I thought that I was driving my gift, but hey if he wants to get me something else who is to argue right?  The only thing that I asked for, he got me……Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!!!!  YUM!

For the kiddos we did something little.  Each little one got a gift bag that had all kinds of sugar inducing coma items, in other words lots of CANDY!  The three oldest kiddos got lots of candy while the youngest one just got a little bit of candy, but all in all they were all excited and super happy to get the yummyness of it all.  However, they had to wait until after their special supper to open their gifts and go on their scavenger hunt.
Four Kiddos Gifts Ready to Go!
 

Supper was a special affair indeed.  We ate a menu that Daddy requested (meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, a veggie, dinner rolls, and cupcakes with hearts), that we deemed worthy enough to serve on our finest china.  We had a candlelight supper with Mama’s best china and silverware.  The meal was wonderful, the company perfect, and the fun was about to begin.  The big kiddos got a together gift, (something to use in the house and in Mama’s new truck), so the scavenger hunt began.  There were six clues all together and thanks to the wet rainy night Mama had to rethink hiding places, but the kids found it and had a great time!
Scavenger Hunt Gift with All the Clues!

The Table Set for Supper
 
 
I LOVE that my kiddos know how special they are everyday and that they are loved no matter what.  I also LOVE that there are times that we can make special just to show them how much we truly love them, Valentine’s Day was just such a day for us!  YAY!
Being Silly!

Their "Together" Gift.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment