Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Our Christmas Eve Traditions


After poor Daddy had an eventful and exhausting day, it was time for our little family to gather and do our Christmas Eve traditions.  I must admit that the children were getting antsy waiting on Robert to finish filling out his paperwork for the day for work. BUT, Cole LOVED sitting next to his Daddy at the table and look at a magazine while Robert worked.  It was so cute to see his little head just lean over and lay on Robert’s shoulder while Robert filled out all the needed forms, in triplicate of course, HA!  Finally after what seemed like

F-O-R-E-V-E-R,

Daddy was done YAY!  The big kiddos all enjoyed opening their jammies, but I LOVED Cole’s reaction.  He was so cute to me as he slowly tore one strip of paper off his jammies at a time and then “modeled” his new jammies for me, all the while pointing out is was a snowman.  Then we all gathered in the living room while I read to the children our Hallmark Pop Up First Christmas Story book.  This is a tradition that is VERY near and dear to my heart since this is the book that was ready to me by my mother every Christmas Eve my entire childhood.  When my sister found these books for my brother and me she knew she had to get them for us.  It is something that I LOVE as part of our Christmas Eve traditions.
John Robert waiting to pass put the jammies.

Cole helping Daddy with his paperwork.

Kiddos waiting oh so impatiently!

YAY!  Finally time to open gifts!


 




Cole modeling his jammies!
 

Maggie modeling her jammies!

Cole and John Robert sitting with Daddy in his jammies!
 

Maggie modeling her impish elf!
 

All 4 kiddos in their new Christmas jammies!

Ethan told me he was an "evil" elf!
 
We all looked over to the love seat and Robert was stretched out snoring.  After I put the big boys to bed, I nudged Robert to bed and had Maggie help me put Cole down.  Once all the kiddos were out, it was up to me to get all the gifts out for everyone.  I must admit that I missed having Robert with me.  We always watch the Christmas Story on TBS as we set gifts out and enjoy the time alone just the two of us.  This year I couldn’t bring myself to turn the movie on without Robert and I set to work stuffing stockings and laying out gifts.  Then I cleaned the kitchen and headed to bed knowing that the kiddos would be up early!  Little did I know how early they would be waking up!
Yes, I am here, getting ready to read!

Poor Robert, he had a rough day!

Mama has been busy setting out gifts!



And stuffing all the stockings!
 
 
Now it’s time to wait for Christmas morning!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment