Wednesday, May 21, 2014

ETHAN IS 7!


Poor Ethan had an upset tummy on his “real” birthday so we had to reschedule his party.  Because of that, none of the friends we invited were able to make it, but that didn’t stop us from having a birthday blast!  This past Saturday we got to gather with family at Barney’s Dream Play Park in Lake Wales to celebrate Ethan turning 7!  Per the birthday boy’s request we had a cowboy themed party.  As usual, I made all of the party décor and tried to make his birthday extra special.  The only real issue we had was that it was so windy at the park (which made for GREAT weather to play in), I couldn’t set everything up.  Even the cupcakes were blown off the cupcake holder!  The wind was insane!



Of course Ethan made out like a bandit, all of our kiddos do!  And, of course, his favorite gift was his cards that had money in them, (what can I say, those are my favorite gifts too!), but what struck me this year was how he’s now showing how grown up he is.  We’ve been to the store a couple of times now, and he is really putting a lot of thought into what he buys.  Yes, he has bought some toys (specifically army and police action play sets), but he has also bought cokes to share with his siblings, dive sticks to play with everyone in the pool, and handed me money to run through the car wash with.  (I did give that back, but it’s still super sweet of him).  What really blessed my heart was when the offering plate was passed at church; his wallet came out without us saying anything.  To me, this shows his true giving character and gives me a glimpse of the man he is growing up to be.





My Ethan is now 7!  I am in awe of the young man he is growing up to be!  Every day is a new adventure and surprise with me sweet, funny, precocious, and adventurous boy.   Here’s to an awesome year of being a boy and being 7!


No comments:

Post a Comment