Tuesday, May 13, 2014

PERFECTLY IMPERFECT MAMA CELEBRATES MOTHER’S DAY!


I am a perfectly imperfect mama.  I have lots of faults, make lots of mistakes, and pretty much screw up at least 100 times; and that’s always before noon!  Yep, I’m a perfectly imperfect mama, raising perfectly imperfect kiddos, and living a perfectly imperfect life.  One of the blessings of living this way means that once a year, the kiddos and my husband decide to celebrate Mother’s Day and honor me.

My day started off with a glorious breakfast.  Robert got up and made me scrambled eggs and ham wrapped and baked in a delicious golden brown crescent roll crust.  It’s one of my all time favorite breakfasts ever.  It is super yummy, easy, and delicious.  The smell of my breakfast was so enticing, yet my sleepy children slept right through it. Since our sleepy heads would not wake up, Robert gave me my present, and after 16.5 years of marriage he knows me well!  My Mother’s Day gift was some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Strawberry Twizzlers, and some special massage lotion. In spite of my squeal of delight, the kiddos still slept!  I had to wake everyone up with only 30 minutes to spare to get them ready for church where Cole and I attended the Preschool Mother’s Day Tea.  The tea was a lot of fun; Cole even made me a vase with his hand print which he lovingly smeared instead of placing on the vase.  After the wonderful tea we headed over to the sanctuary for the church’s traditional baby dedication ceremony.  Of course we had Jacob dedicated in his special outfit Nana and Papa bought for him. 






After church it was time for lunch.  We spent the day with Robert’s family, enjoying the company of his Mom, George, and his grandparents; we dined on steaks, baked potatoes, broccoli salad, guava pound cake, and grasshopper pie.  We laughed, talked, and ate; just as we always do when we get together as a family.  Then I did the one thing that I really wanted to do, I got to take a nap!  It was a simple and glorious day!

My day was perfectly imperfect.  I loved everything about it, right down to the paper that Ethan filled out in church saying that my favorite store is Publix, that I am as smart as he is, and that I’m as sweet as sugar.  I loved how John Robert made me a card with red flowers just because he knew they were my favorite.  I loved how my vase from Cole had a smeared hand print.  I loved how Cole’s teachers offered to remake it but I refused, simply because it was perfectly imperfect made by my imperfect son.  I loved how Maggie posted her message on Instagram while telling me that Robert forgot to get a card from the kiddos. I loved how Robert willingly rocked the baby and held him in the recliner for almost two hours so I could nap.




Our family is far from perfect. We have our squabbles, issues, and problems.  We are learning and growing together. My imperfect family is perfect for me and they made my Mother’s Day the perfect day

No comments:

Post a Comment