Saturday, November 17, 2012

MISCARRIAGE: A Week Later, Finding Joy!


Life is not always easy.  There are times when normal seems almost impossible to maintain when life is, well normal.  Add to that the idea of grief and it can be almost impossible to maintian normal let alone find joy in anything.  Yet, it is vitally important to find joy in the everyday gifts of living.

Joy is not something that is easy to find when sorrow crowds our minds.  Yet, joy can be found.  I have found joy in many things; the laughter of my children as they play and chase their chickens, the smiles of the baby as he eats a chocolate chip cookie for the first time, and he smears it everywhere and is quite proud of that fact, the ability to smile and cringe at the same time as the baby discovers his hidden super talent of walking; and oh so much more.  Joy can be found it takes a heart that is open to finding it.

I think that people forget that a mother who suffers a loss can mourn for a long time.  I think that it is okay to allow ourselves to mourn.  I think that it is also okay to allow ourselves to find joy in simple things and move forward, even if it is with tears in our eyes and a heavy heart.  I am not healed yet, I am still working on finding healing; but I am in the process of seeking to find joy.  This joy is found because I know who I am in Christ, and I know that He knows what it means to grieve, weep, and mourn the loss of life.  I know that there is joy that can be found in the morning, just as the Psalmist says.  I know that healing is a process; I know that I can find joy; I know that I can find peace, even as I continue to walk in sorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment