Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week Three: Miscarriage Review: HORRIBLE, ROTTEN, NO GOOD BAD WEEK!


Ok, technically I know that we are not at the end of this week, but hey, I can bend the rules a little.  They say that the third day after surgery is the worst, for me it has been the third week. 

I know that grief comes in stages, but there are some things that I am ready to be done with.  No one warned me that I would have crazy dreams, or even be scared to go to sleep because I was so fearful of hemorrhaging again.  No one warned me that once I was asleep I would dream that I was standing covered in blood.  No one warned me that I would dream we were on a family vacation and that Robert would be riding a horse wearing a baby sling and not let me see the baby he was holding.   No one warned me that sitting in the doctor’s office for the follow up and seeing all the mother’s to be sitting there would make me cry.  No one told me how I would cry on the way home from my appointment because the doctor warned me that I was reaching the age that was going to make it harder to have more children.   No one told me that hearing my sister’s two week old baby on the phone whimpering and squeaking would cause me to break down completely because I know that I will never get to hear my little one squeak or cry.  No one told me how my arms would ache, how my heart would break daily over little trivial things.  No one did.

I know that God is in total and complete control.  I know that I can rest in Him and find grace for the moment, through His strength find the ability to stand and move on.  No one told me that when I would be down in my knees broken hearted asking God to take this ache away He would respond in a very real way and ask me: “Aren’t I enough?”  No one told me that I would have to answer like Hannah: “Yes Lord, even in my despair and broken heartedness, You are enough.”  No one told me how hard it be to admit that I am aching for the feel and sound of another little one and have to admit that even if I never get to experience that again, I have to admit that God is enough. 

Even though it is hard to admit and tell God that He is enough, the reality of the situation is that He is enough.  I have to rest in Him, even on the hard days, weeks, or months.  No one told me the peace that would come with that thought, or even the fact that I would have the courage to admit that it is a hard thing to do.  Yes, this week has been a horrible, rotten, no good bad kind of week.  Thankfully I serve a God that is more than enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment