Sunday, April 28, 2013

WHAT HAVE YOU SACRIFIECED FOR GOD LATELY?


 

Our sermon this morning was especially beneficial and challenging at the same time.  We are studying Ephesians 3:16-19, the second prayer that Paul has prayed for believers.  There were three things that our Pastor said that really stuck out to me:

1.    What have you sacrificed lately for Christ?

2.   Do you love Christ more than anything, including your spouse and children?

3.   Are you living joyfully, not happy but living a life filled with joy?

I must admit that I was convicted in many ways.  I am NOT always joyful with my reactions to my husband and my children.  I am looking at what I need to do to be better in this area.  I KNOW that the answer is to die daily.  As Dr. Tony Evans said: “It’s in the believer’s daily death that they find real life”. BUT, if I am being honest, I haven’t been dying to self lately, more like OK God, I will let you have this, but let me hang on to this, this, oh and this too!  Guess what, that doesn’t work!!!!

So, what about you?  What have you sacrificed or given to God lately?  Me, I need to work on it, because the one thing that I have learned about my life is the tendency that I have as a living sacrifice to Christ; often times I crawl off the alter when I need to stay there!!!  Thanks Pastor Larry for this important reminder!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment