Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MY TURN!


This past week it has been my turn to take care of my Mom.  It has not been convenient all the time: let’s be honest, wrangling four children, driving about 45 minutes one way, dealing with no naps, rushed grocery trips, trying to plan meals, clean someone else’s house “their” way IS NOT always the easiest and convenient thing to do!  BUT, I know that it is totally worth it!

I KNOW that if my siblings could be here they would be here to help me, but they are not, so it falls to me.  Please do not misconstrue me, I am not complaining that they are not here, BUT I know that they probably wish that they were here to help do more!  I’m okay with it falling to me for a number of reasons.

Yes Mom, I remember……..

1.    Endless sessions sitting at a dance studio while I was dancing away!

2.   PTA meetings with you acting as the President.

3.   Sleepless nights planning birthday parties and even making the cakes.

4.   Dealing with crazy phone calls, including wondering why a 50 year old man was calling your 16 year old daughter!

5.   Sickness, childhood complaints, endless sacrifice, costumes, life changes…….

Truthfully my list goes on and on!  I am so grateful that I am a full time mother and that I have the opportunity to help you in your healing.  I am so thankful to “Nana-sit” at least three times a week!  I am thankful to take my turn and care for you!  More than that I'm glad that Dad has turned out to be such a GREAT housekeeper!!!!  Wonder if he will hire out!?

No comments:

Post a Comment