Sunday, May 12, 2013

MOTHER’S DAY 2013


Today was Mother’s Day, a day to celebrate the calling of being a mother; in my humble opinion, the ultimate calling of my life, the gift of my children and being their mother.  I adore my children and I love being their Mama.  I love that there is a day set aside to celebrate Mother’s and women in general that love children but can’t have any or have endured the heartache of the loss of children.  I love that today is a day that we can celebrate the Mother’s Heart, a true reflection of Christ.

I will admit that today was not what I expected.  I didn’t think that I was going to get any gifts, I was surprised.  Not only did I get a fun card but I got a late lunch/early supper at my favorite restaurant, Carrabba’s.  I also got some gifts that my children had made for me and a flower from the church service. 

Mama's new goodies!
More than the gifts, I got the joy of conversing with my children at different times throughout the day.  For example in church this morning Ethan snuggled under my arm the entire service, ran to the front to get my flower, and whispered that he loved me. 
John Robert on the other hand showcased his humor in his usual fun loving snarky manner!  When we got home and I was washing dishes, changing a dirty diaper, making a half of a ham and cheese sandwich so the boys wouldn’t starve before we got to our late lunch, pouring their drinks, and getting them situated in general; my wonderful witty son said: “Gee I wish I had a day to do nothing!  I have to take care of those chickens everyday they need food and water all the time.”  Then he grinned when I said “WWHHAAATTTT?” and sheepishly slipped some strawberry Twizzlers into my hand!  (Next to Reeses Peanut Butter Cups those silly licorice sticks are some of my favorite candy…BUT they HAVE to be strawberry flavored!)
Add to that Maggie and I discussing life in general, Cole snuggling some after his nap, and I do believe that it was almost a perfect day!

 
There was a drawback to it though, and I really don’t want to complain, but……
ALL I WANTED WAS A NAP! 
 
Lucky for me, Robert was gracious enough to take one for me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment