Monday, January 12, 2015

A BETTER US ~ Menu Planning for All!



We are now in 2015, a blank slate.  Every day we are given the chance to write a new page in the chapter that is January of 2015.  As the organizer of our home, I am purposing to make our lives easier, more organized, flow more efficiently and in general make this the best year for our Best Family.  One of the ways that I am accomplishing this is jumping in full throttle with menu planning all of our meals. 

My sister-in-law introduced my sister and me to the concept of menu planning a few years back.  I have enjoyed the stability, continuity, and ease of life that menu planning our supper meal has afforded us.  This year, though, I decided that I needed to organize our morning and afternoons too.  While I don’t plan snacks, I now plan breakfasts and dinners (lunches).  This small change has brought about phenomenal results in our life.  No more are kiddos asking what they can eat or what is there to eat in the house.  Instead, the head to the fridge check out the menu and then go and look in the pantry, fridge, or freezer and have fun creating their culinary masterpieces.  Our breakfast and dinner menus stay the same for the month; I have found that it is easier to shop that way.  Our supper menu changes weekly with a few theme nights staying consistent, such as Monday nights being breakfast nights.

This little change has been a huge blessing for our family.  So, because I know you are all quaking with anticipation; here is our January Menus.

BREAKFAST of JANUARY 2015
Sunday: Cinnamon Rolls
Monday: Scrambled Eggs
Tuesday: Grits/Oatmeal/Cereal
Wednesday: Waffle Wednesday
Thursday: Grits/Oatmeal/Cereal
Friday: Egg-In-A-Hole
Saturday: Big Family Breakfast

DINNER (LUNCH)of JANUARY 2015
Sunday: Family Dinner
Monday: Macaroni and Cheese and Veggies
Tuesday: Sandwiches
Wednesday: Chicken Salad
Thursday: Sandwiches
Friday: Chicken and Pasta
Saturday: Sandwiches

SUPPER (DINNER) Week of JANUARY 11-17 2015
Sunday: Spaghetti with Garlic Bread / Salad / Apple Pie
Monday: Eggs / Corn Beef Hash / Breakfast Potatoes / Biscuits
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday (Venison Tacos with all the fixings!)
Wednesday: Chicken and Stuffing Casserole with Veggies
Thursday: Onion Soup and Garlic Bread
Friday: Chicken Devein and Chicken and Yellow Rice
Saturday: Potato Soup and Cornbread

There you have it, our monthly meals and the suppers for this week.  Meal planning is an invaluable tool for my family, one that I can’t believe I lived so long without! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you found a menu planning groove that works for your family! Feels good, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete