Friday, January 2, 2015

NEW YEAR~ NEW WORD




The New Year is here.  It is a time for people to set new goals and create New Year Resolutions.  This is a time for new beginnings, new adventures, and fresh starts.  We are now in 2015 and this is a blank slate waiting for us to write the story of our life.   For me, it is time to pick a new theme for the year, one word that I want to remind me of what I need to do, grow, and become as I live in the adventure of my life in 2015. For 2015, my chosen word is TRUST.

One would think that I would have mastered the ability to fully trust that God has my future and the very best for me.  But, if I'm being totally honest, trust is something that I struggle with daily.   I have been hurt, my life hasn't gone as I want or planned, and some days the path that I have been called to walk down just seems too hard.  There are moments when just breathing hurts, especially when life throws so many curve balls and hurts even my children.  Yes, mastering the art of total trust is something that I readily struggle with, and I want 2015 to be different.


This year, I want to trust God more.  I want Him to direct me in all choices.  I want Christ to have total control of my heart, I want Him to mold me into His image.  If this is what I want, than I have to be willing to trust in the process that Christ has for me.  I have to be willing to walk the path that He is calling me to walk, even when I can't see where I am going and don't understand why I am being asked to walk where I am being called.  I want to remember that God is more concerned with my holiness than my happiness and that being molded into His image will sometimes hurt, but is always worth it.  I want to trust, fully and totally trust because I know that in the end, I will soar and be totally free in Christ.


For 2015, I want to fully trust God.  I want to totally be in the moment of today with Him, trusting Him with everything.  I know that I will stumble.  I know that I will have good days and that I will have bad days.  More than that, I know that as I set out to fully and totally trust God with my life, He will make a story that is so stunningly beautiful I will wonder why I struggled  to trust at all.   


No comments:

Post a Comment