Wednesday, December 31, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA PEACOCK ~ December 31, 2014

I cannot believe we are on the precipice of 2015!  It seems like only yesterday we were on the cusp of the panic that was Y2K, and here we are, 15 years later purposing to embark on another year.  Our 2015 will be much like our 2014.  We will continue to purpose to serve Christ and honor Him in our actions and in our family life.  The way that we celebrate the upcoming New Year is very different from most, however we use December 31st to honor one of the greatest men I have ever known, my Grandpa Peacock.

Today my Grandpa would have been 84.  Today he is celebrating his third birthday in Heaven.  Today, as every December 31st my family and I are ringing in the New Year with chicken and dumplings, some greens or black eyed peas, and a birthday cake, all of this to honor Grandpa Peacock on his third birthday in heaven.  This year I have asked my parents and Grandma Peacock to join us.  I must admit that I am nervous about Grandma coming over, my chicken and dumplings are no where nearly as delicious as my Grandpa’s.  In spite of not being “his” chicken and dumplings, they will be made with lots of love, just like his were.


Happy Birthday Grandpa.  I love you and miss you daily.  It is a great honor to be your granddaughter and I miss you more than I can put into words.  Give my Samuel a big hug; I can’t believe he’s been with you for two years now.   I can’t wait until I get to celebrate your birthday in Heaven with you again but until then I will celebrate your life here and try to make the best chicken and dumplings I can to ring in the New Year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment