Friday, January 30, 2015

JACOB IS ONE!

I can’t believe it has been a year since our precious Jacob Alexander arrived!  Time has certainly flown, faster than I wanted it to for sure.  My precious miracle baby just turned a year old.  Part of me sat and watched the day in surreal wonder, I was questioning every how can he really be a year old!

I must admit that I wasn’t as organized planning Jacob’s party as I should’ve been.  In all honesty, coming off the three birthdays, our anniversary, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, I was thinking it was time for a break.  So when I looked at the calendar and realized Jacob’s birthday was less than two weeks away, I did go into panic mode.  BUT, I think that his birthday turned out perfectly, in spite of my lack of party planning with this party.

I was looking at a Little Monster theme, but we settled for a Construction theme, mainly because I had a TON of construction themed toys since he does have three older brothers, and it made party decorating that much easier.  Of course I browsed Pinterest and made the invitations and party decorations.  Since I had time slip away from me, I had Maggie take Jacob’s first birthday photos and I think that everything turned out perfectly.  From his matching cloth diaper and birthday shirt to using the boy’s dump trucks, the party décor and theme was one that worked together perfectly for this time crunched mama.




The special birthday outfit.  Love that his diaper matches too!

Mama and Walgreens have been crafty crafty!

I think the invitations are adorable!


We opted to have Jacob’s party at Crystal Lake Play Park in Lake Wales. It was the perfect setting.  He was able to play and run and be super happy in the cool Florida weather.  We didn’t open gifts at the park, Robert didn’t want to deal with that mess, so we took everything home and it worked out perfectly.  Jacob was too busy swinging, running after his brothers, and playing in the dirt to take time out to open presents anyway.
First birthday photo shoot fun with sister.




The photos used to make the tablescape for the party!










More than the perfect birthday for my rainbow baby, Jacob’s birthday is a reminder that there is joy that can follow a tragedy, there is always a reason to celebrate, and more than that, we serve a mighty and loving God!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY JACOB!!! We love you and are so happy to have you here with us!



No comments:

Post a Comment