Friday, February 13, 2015

MY AMAZING HUSBAND!



About a month ago, I mentioned to Robert that I really needed some "us" time.  Life seems to be so busy, and as much as I enjoyed our anniversary date in December, I feel like we never really sit, chat, and reconnect.  Yes, we do talk to each other, but it is hard to sit down and really talk and connect when there are little hands knocking on the door and sending their cars and Lego's under the door to get our attention.  So, while we were discussing Valentine's Day and my upcoming birthday, I mentioned that I would love some time away!  I was pleasantly surprised when he agreed that was what we needed.

Normally I would take over and start to plan everything.  I am a detail orientated person, I like to know what's going on and plan for the "fun" of being spontaneous.  However, this time, I wanted Robert to do the planning.  I feel like I've planned so much, and I do want a break.  I mentioned St. Augustine as an option, but kept out of things.  Robert mentioned a few places he found and then tonight he surprised me.  Remembering how much we enjoyed Alachua when we stayed there for a friends wedding five years ago, he started the hunt.  I must admit I was beyond thrilled when he sat me down tonight for my gift.  He decided we needed to stay at the Grady House Bed and Breakfast in High Springs.  He planned everything right down to the B&B being next to a spa so I can get a massage.

I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am.  More than being thrilled over the trip, I am thrilled with all the thought and attention to detail Robert has done to ensure that this trip is all I hope it to be.  His reason, I need to have more joy.  I will readily admit that I feel like I've been joyless since we lost Samuel.  He's noticed that and wants to help meet my needs.  

I can't wait for our time away.  More than the spa, the amazing looking B&B, the uninterrupted totally alone adult time, the ability to sleep in, and the chance to eat without cutting someone's meat or helping their plates I am looking forward to being pampered by Robert.  I am in awe of his thought and care for me!  After 21 years together, he is truly God's greatest gift.  



Thank you for this Robert.  Thank you for your care for me.  Thank you for choosing me everyday of your life.  Thank you for loving me and purposing to meet my needs.  Thank you for saving your whip sales to surprise me.  THANK YOU for being my husband.  More than loving you, I do adore you!

1 comment: