Wednesday, December 26, 2012

CHRISTMAS 2012


I love Christmas!  I love the way that people try to slow down and enjoy family more.  I love how people choose to give to others instead of keep things for themselves.  I love the wonder that is seen in the eyes of children as they see Christmas lights or the Christmas tree light up and sparkle.  I love the laughter that comes from baking.  I love the smiles that come from traditions, such as new Christmas jammies and reading the Christmas Story on Christmas Eve.  I love how my children love to give gifts as much as they love to get them and how they won’t open any presents until we sing together as a family, Happy Birthday Jesus.  In short, I love Christmas.

This year was bittersweet.  I wanted to wake up with a large tummy filled with a baby, but instead I woke up to four joyous faces excited that it was Christmas morning.  I also awoke to a wonderful husband who said that I was his gift, his favorite Christmas present.  He told me that a gift is something that you could not fathom or imagine blessing you until you received it.  Robert said that I was that gift!  What an amazing day!
 Our annual pose in front of the tree!
Time for Christmas Eve Traditions, first up…JAMMIES!!






 It’s Christmas Morning!!!!  YAY






As we spent the day enjoying each other and opening presents, I was reminded that the greatest gift is indeed the gift of my Savior!  Without Christ I am nothing.  What a great gift His life and more importantly His death really are for all of us!  I am so thankful to be reminded of that this Christmas!

Thanks to Christ this is truly the most wonderful time of the year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment