Friday, December 21, 2012

CHRISTMAS BAKING


Last night was our annual Best Family Christmas Baking Event!  The kiddos had been looking forward to it all day, in fact they could hardly wait for Daddy to come home and when he finally got there (only 30 minutes late mind you), they pounced on him and waited non too patiently for him to eat and shower before the fun began.

This year we did triple chocolate chunk cookies, the usual fun sugar cookies (With a new recipe for them!  Mama didn’t buy a mix but made them from scratch, go Mama!), a new addition of Ninja-Bread Men cookies, and for the first time ever we made a Gingerbread Train (the boys didn’t want to make a house!); all in all it was a busy fun, floury day!
Everyone gets into the act when it comes to baking!



 
Then the whole family, even Mama & Cole help to decorate the yummy cookies!
 




 

The end results are perfectly yummy and pretty!




While I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent baking, what I enjoyed more was the delight of my children.  Traditions are one very important way of bringing a family together.  Robert and I want our children to grow up close and to continue to want to be together as they grow up and leave our family home to form their own.  We want them to be close, to remember their childhood fondly, and to hold tightly to the ties that bind; in short we want to encourage them to continue on into their adult lives not only as siblings but as friends.  This morning when I was on my usual morning phone call with Robert while he drove to work (our only quiet time in the mornings to talk); he mentioned how much he enjoyed our baking fest.  He mentioned that it was something that he didn’t do growing up and that he enjoyed the kid’s excitement, their conversation their laughter, in short he enjoyed the love that they shared doing something as simple as baking and decorating cookies. 

I pray that my children will grow up in the Truth of God’s Word.  I pray that they will all willingly serve Christ from an early age.  I pray that they will grow up to be mighty men and women of God.  I pray that they will look back at their childhood and our traditions with love.  More than anything, I pray that they will delight in the conversation, laughter, and love for each other after they are grown.

Cookie baking, it’s a wonderful tradition and a yummy one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment