Wednesday, December 5, 2012

FIFTEEN YEARS


For many, 15 years is not that much.  In the grand scheme of things it is truly only a little drop in the bucket of life.  Yet, for many 15 years seems forever, indeed it is someone’s lifetime.  For me, 15 years symbolizes something special, how long I have been married to my husband!

There are many who were against our marriage.  We were young, Robert was 20 and I was 19.  We had only been out of high school for a year.  We were young, we were naïve, and we thought that we were in love.  Truthfully we had a lot to learn.

Yet, in spite of the naysayers (and there were quite a few of them), we are here celebrating 15 years has of life together.  No, in all honesty it has not all been wedded bliss.  There have been seasons; life has a way of ebbing and flowing forever changing and changing us in the process.  And, we have changed and grown.  We are no longer wide eyed innocents but slowly turning into adults.  We are however, still committed and still in love.

In our marriage love is an active choice.  It is me making his coffee every morning, even though I can’t stand coffee.  It is Robert buying me a Christmas tree or even putting Christmas music on because he knows that I love it.  It is struggles for the covers, cold feet, hands, and noses.  It is sick children or children who just want to be loved and snuggled by their Mama or Daddy for a little while.  It is grocery shopping, laundry, work, and more hard work.  This is our marriage, this is our paradise, and this is our life.  I for one am forever grateful that God created Robert for me and has given me these last 15 years together.  Here’s to 100 more!
December 5, 1997
Anniversary Date: Nov. 30, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment