Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I AM 37

My birthday was Sunday.  I didn't really want  anything major this year but to get away from life for a little while.  Robert gave me that gift the week before my birthday when we ran away from life and played in High Springs and Gainesville for a few days.  We had a great time, and I needed that time away.   I was also given an amazing birthday brunch on the Saturday before m birthday.   So when my actual birthday rolled around, all I asked for was some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Twizzlers, and a nap.  

Well, I did get my Reese's Cups, but not my Twizzlers.  My parents came by with a birthday cake insisting that I had to see them on my birthday.  Of course they couldn't wait until late in the evening so I didn't get my nap either.   I wasn't able to blow the candles out on my cake, Cole did that for me.  BUT, I did have the perfect day for me.

My pretty cake.  Publix cake, of course.

My helper inching closer and closer.  Boy, I look exhausted!


And he beat me to the candles!



I got hugs and snuggles from my kiddos.  Having Cole try to sing "Happy Birfday" was one of the cutest things ever.  I got breakfast made for me, cinnamon rolls and bacon.  I got to go to church and enjoy the teaching that I needed to hear.  I was taken out to lunch and was given the best compliment about my family by a stranger in the restaurant.  I was given the chance to go and do some shopping for the kiddos all by myself.   I was also given a new phone since I had dropped my old one in water and then cracked the screen.  Not an overly eventful day.  Nothing that stood out as being extraordinarily special about being 37.   

And to me, that is what made the day so special.  Maybe it's my age.  Maybe it's the fact that I am maturing and gaining experiential wisdom in my life.  Maybe it's that I am starting to learn what contentment is.  Whatever it is, I can honestly say that I had the perfect birthday for me.  It was simple and filled with what I love the most, my husband, children, and Christ.  It was the perfect way to celebrate turning 37!

No comments:

Post a Comment