Saturday, March 7, 2015

MY BIRTHDAY BRUNCH

My birthday is tomorrow.  I am another year older and now that much closer to reaching 40.  I haven't had a birthday party in seven years, since I turned 30. (And yes, I realize that I just gave you my age).  This year Maggie wanted to remedy that.  She offered to throw me a brunch.  I offered to make it her Home Economics midterm.  The day was a smashing success and I am truly abundantly blessed.

Our morning started off with the table and serving areas beautifully decorated with festive spring colors, lovely thank you gifts for attending the party, and the table set with my "good" china.  It was truly breathtaking and Maggie did a superb job ensuring that everything was set beautifully.


The completed table.

I love how the attention to details is everywhere.  Everything was coordinated with chevron paper. 

I also LOVE this glass she found at the Dollar Tree.

The centerpiece was beautiful.  I loved the candles, flowers, and my doves.

The cake area is beautiful and waiting for the cake!


The meal was simply delicious.  Maggie truly outdid herself with her menu and meal choice.  I wish we would have thought to take photos of her creations and the party favors that she made, but we forgot.  Our menu was:

Starters
Banana Muffins
Blueberry Muffins
Croissants
Mixed Berries with Granola or Fluff

Main Course
Bacon and Spinach Quiche
Egg and Ham Crescent Bake
Mixed Green Salad

Dessert
Angel Food Cake with Whip Cream Topping and Strawberries

Drinks
Orange Juice
Sweet Tea
Water
Coffee

The "starter" breads.  Oh how yummy the croissants were.

The drink station


My brunch was all the gift that I wanted, but having the generous and beautiful friends that I do, they surprised me with some lovely gifts.  One sweet friend got me a lovely tea cup with new devotional books and my favorite candy and breakfast teas.  Two sweet friends went in together to get me some flowers and chocolates.  All of the gifts were unexpected but truly appreciated!

My beautiful flowers.

I LOVE this candy and the tea inside!
Confession: Cole opened a tea bag thinking it was candy I was trying to hide from him!!!  HA!

More than the gifts and the wonderful food, I LOVED this day for a simple, selfish reason.  This day was about being "girly".  We used the good china.  We ate food that we normally don't enjoy because it's not meat and potatoes.  For a few hours today I got to have something "pretty" and "frivolous" because I love that.  For a few hours it wasn't about cowboys, trucks, monsters, Avengers, and hunting.  For a few hours it was about good food, pretty place settings, and good friends.  Today was the perfect day for this Birthday Girl!  










No comments:

Post a Comment