Monday, March 30, 2015

NO MORE WHITE SUGAR

I haven't really chatted about our path to a more natural and healthy life style.  I am still using my Norwex to clean, I am now using essential oils more than over the counter medicine, and we are using our organic and natural body care products.  I am slowly switching our food to as much organic as possible as well.  We are now purchasing the Simply Organic spices (most of the time from Vita-Cost), and we love their robust flavor.  I am buying Annie's  snacks and salad dressings more and more.  Slowly but surely I have been changing to organic or natural.  The one thing that I was dreading changing was our sugar, because of cost and how much we use weekly.  

Truth is, I know that we are consuming way too much sugar.  We are a family of sweet tea and kool-aid drinkers.  I knew that this would have to give.  We need to be healthier.  Well about three or four weeks ago, I took the plunge.  All the kool-aid was thrown out and no more white sugar is allowed in our house.  I am now making "organic" or natural kool-aid and using organic sugar.

While we are now still consuming sugar, it is less processed and organic.  I have been purchasing the Florida's Crystal Organic Cane Sugar in the three pound container.  


The  smell and taste is slightly different.  The organic sugar has more of a natural cane or molasses smell.  The taste isn't that noticeably different from the over processed sugar.  I have actually found that I can use less of the organic sugar and still have the flavor that we like.  

While our food tastes the same, a big change has been noticed.  Robert had recently been really complaining about his joints aching more and more.  This was especially true after he built whips for a long period of time.  Of course we chalked it up to arthritis, after all we aren't as young as we used to be.  But, I don't think that was all that it was.  As I was stirring the kool-aid and tea last night, Robert commented that since we switched to the organic sugar his joints in his hands haven't been aching.  I was blown away.  I knew that sugar was "bad" for us, but never put the use of the over processed white sugar with his joint pain.  

We aren't using all organic products.  We are making slow changes, but we are changing and purposing to create a more natural, organic, and overall healthier life.  We are learning as we go, and so far we have been pleased with the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment