Saturday, March 21, 2015

THE PHONE RANG..........



Robert and I were set to go out on our date this Saturday morning since my Thursday and Friday evenings were booked.  I knew he was on call, but our goal was to go shopping and start pricing freezers since ours died.  We were dressing kiddos, organizing lunches, and collaborating stops and stores to hit on our trip when it happened.  The phone rang....

I knew Robert was on call.  I knew that there was a possibility that his phone would ring.  As I was dressing Jacob, it did ring.  Of course it was time for Robert to head out.  Our date for the day was canceled.  So, I changed plans up and took the little boys freezer shopping and dropped the bigger kiddos off to a job that they had to do.   

We didn't buy a new freezer.  We priced one store, browsed the kitchen displays (since that's the next project on my list!  HA!!), and then went grocery shopping.  We had a low key afternoon at home and waited on Robert to come in from work.  Luckily the call out wasn't as bad as it could have been so Robert made it home in time to nap with Jacob while I snuggled Cole.  

Our date for this week didn't happen.  I'm not complaining, I totally understand that there are times when life happens.  As I was sitting down to chat with Robert about what I found and thought of for the kitchen and our freezer situation, life happened again! The phone rang!

No comments:

Post a Comment