Saturday, June 16, 2012

BOX DAY!!!!!


Books, Books, Books!  They are everywhere today!  Oh, how I love books!  It was our Box Day for our second year adventure in homeschooling.  Don’t know what Box Day is?  It’s that magical day where all your new books arrive.  In a way, it’s better than Christmas or even my birthday!  After all, books are the gifts that keep giving.
This is really an organized mess!  I promise!


For our history and reading books I use a program called Sonlight.  I adore their products.  I LOVE their book suggestions.  I love books, (have I mentioned that already), and Sonlight feeds my love for great quality books for my children.  Not many textbooks here, just awesome books that seem ALIVE in their stories and adventures.  This year Fed Ex dropped off over 90 pounds in Sonlight books.  SIGH!  Pure Bliss.  For math we use Math-U-See since it offers a video teaching program that makes life easier for Mama!  Science we are using Jeanie Fulbright’s Apologia Exploring Creation with Anatomy series.  I have added a few other books into the mix as well.  I’ll break it down for each little one so you can see the joy we have in our books!
LOVE thes blue binders!


Ethan’s Supplies for Kindergarten
HISTORY: Sonlight Core P4/5
LANGUGAE ARTS: Queen’s and Sonlight LA mixed together.
HANDWRITING: Handwriting Without Tears Kindergarten mastery books.
MOTOR SKILLS: Kumon cutting and pasting books.
MATH: Math-U-See Primer math concept introduction.
SCIENCE: Apologia Junior Notebook for Science
Very excited little man!



John Robert’s Supplies for 3rd Grade
HISTORY: Sonlight Core C, world history.
LANGUGAE ARTS: Queen’s and Sonlight LA mixed together.                
COPYWORK: Queen’s Copy work for boys
SPELLING: Queen’s Spelling Instructions
VOCABULARY: Wordly Wise
PHONICS: MCP Plaid Phonics
HANDWRITING: Queen’s Introduction to Cursive
ART: Artistic Purists
MATH: Math-U-See Gamma.
SCIENCE: Apologia Notebook with labs.

John Robert was the official box opener for me!



Maggie’s Supplies for 7th Grade
 HISTORY: Sonlight Core F, a study of the Eastern Hemisphere.
LANGUGAE ARTS: Queen’s and Sonlight LA mixed together.                
COPYWORK: Queen’s Copy work for Girls
VOCABULARY: Wordly Wise
FOREIGN LANGUAGE: American Sign Langugae
MATH: Math-U-See Zeta.
SCIENCE: Apologia Notebook with labs.



The thing about new books is that they are begging you to read them NOW!

The reason for all this joy over BOX DAY…the excitement of everyone in the family (including Daddy) over opening new boxes of school books!  The joy that everyone in the family has over looking at new school books!  This is reason number 1,000,001 why I LOVE homeschooling.  Learning has become fun and boxes of books are wondrous things to behold! 
See, I told you that even Daddy was excited!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Box Day! Enjoy the books [smile].

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Box Day! I love books, too :)

    Very nice to meet you and may you have a wonderful school year!

    ~Tamara / www.allofakindfamily.com

    ReplyDelete