Saturday, June 30, 2012

VBS


Vacation Bible School, also known as VBS was this past week.  Guess what…..we survived, er I mean made it through the week with nothing major going wrong.  This year was a little bit different for me, someway good and some not so good.  Let me explain!

THE GOOD

I was the Kindergarten teacher again this year.  There is just something about Kindergarten kiddos that make me smile and my heart skip a beat.  Add to the mix the 1st graders that got to tag along to and I was in heaven.  We did the Go Fish Guys VBS again this year.  The kids adore their songs, dances, and I adore the heart of their lessons.  What a great VBS this was, we learned that we can PRAISE God for anything.  It was awesome, and I got to let go and rock it out with my funky hair again!  I loved getting my kiddos to church every morning, although I will admit getting 4 kiddos ranging in ages from 6 months to 11 to church can be a challenge in and of itself, it was well worth it.  I loved watching my two boys rock it out for Family Night and sing and even dance.  I loved hearing how awesome my Maggie was as she helped with different classes or activities since she is now a youth.  I love how the kids woke up this morning and put on their new Go Fish Guys CD to rock out as they cleaned the house.  I mean, come on, who doesn’t want to clean, sing, and dance while listening to Sunday School Swing?
Here I am rocking out on the first day!

All 4 of my kiddos getting ready to go!

Setting up our story time, it was Daniel in the Lions Den.

Mommy with her snow cone hair on the last day.


My three big kids getting ready to rock out agian!
THE BAD
I will admit that the bad really isn’t THAT bad, unless you are a Mama!  This year was so different for me.  I didn’t get to see Maggie on stage.  She didn’t have a class to go to since she was a youth this year.  UGH…..that broke my heart.  It was wonderful seeing her helping in so many areas, in the nursery with the babies, in the kitchen making and setting up snacks, even in my classroom with all my kids.  BUT in spite of that, it was hard on me realizing that she is growing up.  When she wanted to wear make-up (just some eye shadow and lip gloss, nothing too over the top!) for Family Night, I wanted to jump up and down screaming NOOOOOO!  BUT, I got out my bag of tricks and did what she asked.  She looked beautiful and too grown up!  That was the BAD part of VBS, realizing just how fast my own children were growing up.  John Robert only has 3 more years and then he will be helping with the youth too. 
Maggie's snack handiwork!

She even helped bake cupcakes!

Here she is for family night.....crazy girl!

Overall, VBS is something that I adore.  I wish that more people shared my passion and wanted to help with the kiddos more!  I honestly can’t wait until next year!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment