Thursday, June 21, 2012

CHILDREN!!!


Children; my life is surrounded by children.  Not a moment goes by that I am not helping a child in some form or fashion.  From falling asleep nursing a little one to waking up to the smiles from the same little one, my days are spent in service of my children.  Not that I am complaining, mind you, I would not give my children up for all the money in the world. 

This leads me to think about an article that I recently saw on AOL.  For the first time in American history, couples with children are a minority.  This saddens me for many reasons.  My children are my greatest joy.  I am honored more than words can express at the joy and unique privilege of being a Mama.  Truthfully, I would not mind having more children!  I know that there are people that think that we are crazy, after all we have four already.  I know that people wonder how we can afford the ones that we have.  I know that there are people that think that we are homeschooling hippies that are trying to form our own baseball team.  Truthfully, we are just trying to do what we feel honors Christ.

The Bible teaches that children are unique gifts from God.  We firmly believe that.  The Bible teaches that God opens and closes the womb, that God knows us before we are born, and that each child is a unique creation made with a special purpose and plan.  Who am I to deny these gifts and blessing in my life?  Who am I to tell God that He can’t give me these children, these gifts?  Who am I to tell the Creator of the universe that what He has for me is not acceptable or right? 

I am a Mom.  I love having four children.  I do not see them as numbers but as people.  These children are not #1, #2, #3, and #4 but they are Maggie, John Robert, Ethan, and Cole.  Children; my life is surrounded by children.  I wouldn’t have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment